Monday, July 11, 2011

Your Next Read

I found an interesting website today while searching for some books.  It's called Your Next Read.  It easily finds books that you are looking for by typing in an author or title BUT...it takes it a step further.  It takes the book you choose and it gives you a fun little map of other books that relate in some way to the book you picked. Here is a sample I ran for "Pete the Cat".  Next to it are books that are related to it in some way.  



I think this will help a lot when planning lessons and trying to find just the perfect book for a topic! 

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What an easy way to fill a thematic unit out with more literature, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the neatest thing!! Thanks for sharing!! I just started on pinterest...too fun! I'll be checking your pins out soon:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thanks for sharing. I will be using it, just not sure how yet.

    Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, thanks for sharing! I love this, too! I can see how it would be really useful for the kids as well as myself. I'm going to post a link to your blog on mine. And I'm following you now. :)

    Light a Candle

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs