Monday, September 3, 2012

Cooking in the Classroom and a Chef's Hat Freebie

{this is your freebie}

There are so many little perks to being an elementary school teacher. Have you ever stopped to think how unique it is? I get to wear pajamas to work. I can sing and dance as much  as I want. I get to remind little ones all day long to use their manners {unfortunately it's sometimes frowned upon when I remind adults to do this}. Really, the list just goes on.

One of  my favorite things to do is incorporate food into teaching.  Let me just stop here and say that not only do I teach with yummy food, I have an amazing first grade team who loves food as much as I do.  We have birthday lunches every month and we usually theme it.  Our most memorable lunch was our soup & panini sandwich day.  Everyone made a different homemade soup in a Crock-Pot and then we made sandwiches on a panini maker that Janah from Door Decor by Janah brought.  Oh my goodness.....so much soup so little time. I can't wait for the weather to turn cold soon so we can recreate that delicious day. 

If I can teach a concept using food I usually do. Fraction cookies, popcorn adjectives, alligator pie, Fruit Loop pattern necklaces - Count me in!  This fall will be no exception. Two of my favorite foods to make in the classroom are Crock-Pot Applesauce and Pumpkin Pie in a Cup. Really, it's a tie between which one I like better.  Maybe you could try them both and we can compare notes because they're both delish. You'll see...

I just finished spicing up my Crock-Pot Applesauce unit and wanted to share an adorable freebie with you for whenever you are cooking in the classroom or even at home with your little ones.  I made a template for a cute Chef's hat that will be sure to add some extra fun to any cooking activity.  Be sure to grab your freebie  by clicking on any picture below and then check out the complete Crock-Pot Applesauce unit








9 comments:

  1. Thanks! Super fun and simple! We love to cook in the classroom!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this "organized" idea! we just returned from the north Georgia mountains with a peck of apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! cooking team bonding singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you keep it like this, I ll visit you every day. I will continue to grow. If this part is maintained

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cool things here. I am very satisfied to see. Thank you for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot my dear. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say you have written a great article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its an amazing website, I really enjoy reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs